Vitamin E oil is used for healthy skin and hair for ages. Medically, it is used to treat many diseases but it does many tricks in daily life too.
Grandmothers vouch for dry fruits and its effects for that bridal glow. But you don’t believe it until you see. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that works wonder by increasing oxygen uptake and stimulating hair scalp. It reduces the effects of free radicals that affect our skin from environmental pollution.
Vitamin E is used in treating heart diseases, leg pain, chest pain due to block arteries. It is extensively used in treating menopausal syndrome, menstrual problems, high blood pressures and hot flashes during breast cancer.
Vitamin E capsules come in various concentration like 200 IU, 400 IU, and 600 IU. IU, here is the international unit. The capsule you need for your Skin and Hair is 200 IU and 400 IU.
Tricks and Uses
- Have a wedding or a party and doesn’t have time for yourself? Take a Vitamin E capsule orally once a day for 2 days for the glow that can beat a facial.
- For overall healthy skin and Hair, take 200-400 IU daily for 20 days then give a gap of 10 days.
- Rough skin, try applying the oil directly on the dry areas for intense healing.
- Hard cuticle, apply oil on the nails and cuticle for a home manicure and pedicure. It softens the cuticle and strengthens the nails.
- For scar, apply directly onto the scar and it will start fading in days.
- Dark circles, mix a drop of vitamin E oil into the aloe vera gel for the brightening effect to the under eye area. It effectively fades the shadow under the eyes.
- For feet, Mix it with your lotion or Vaseline for the intense care of feet. Wear socks after application for an hour.
- In body lotion, mix a few drops of oil into your daily lotion for the hydrated nourished skin.
- Night cream, mix it into your daily moisturiser for the baby soft skin in the morning.
- Skin whitening, it adds radiance to the skin making it look more youthful and supple.
- Dry Hair, Slit a few capsules into a bowl and apply the oil on the scalp and hair for a deep conditioning. Wrap a hot towel around your head. You can also wear a shower cap and blow dry the shower cap for the heat treatment.
- For painful menstrual periods, have 200 IU of a capsule twice a day or 400 IU once a day starting 2 days before the cycle and continue for first 3 days of periods. It will ease the pain.
- For Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), use 400 IU once a day daily for 20 days.
- It is helpful in preventing high blood pressure during pregnancy. Consult your doctor for a prescription.
- For male fertility, a daily dose of 200-400 IU.
- For dryness that comes after a treatment, take 200-400 IU daily after consulting your doctor. It’ll help combat the dryness that persists after certain treatment.
Tips to Remember
- More than prescribed is unsafe.
- A high dose can cause nausea, weakness, headache, diarrhoea, rash and bruising.
- Consult your doctor before taking Vitamin E.
- Check for alpha tocopherols (natural vitamin E) before buying.
- Oily skin is likely to get acne on the tropical application. Oral intake is more helpful in treating acne.
- Eat food rich in Vitamin E.