Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin found in many foods including nuts, vegetable oil, fruits, vegetables, eggs, and meat. It is a powerful antioxidant that slow downs the processes that damage the cells and leads to ageing. Other than medical purposes of treating diseases, it is used to improve overall skin and hair condition for ages. Having Vitamin E in diet help repair skin and hair from inside by stimulating oxygen uptake.
Though Vitamin E deficiency is rare but the lack of it can cause dry skin, dry hair, loss of hair and age spots.
The Tell-Tale Sign:
After experimenting everything on skin and hair:
- Your face still misses that healthy glow
- Skin is rough and dehydrated even aged
- Hair is dry, lifeless and missing the lustre
- You’re experiencing a lot of hair fall
- Getting age spots
What to do?
- Eat diet rich in vitamin E
- Eat a handful of nuts daily.
- Include Wholegrain and green leafy vegetables like spinach, turnip green, kale, asparagus, parsley, broccoli, mustard green, swiss chard into the daily diet.
- Cook food in oil like wheat germ oil, olive oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, canola oil.
- Include fruits like avocado, papaya, and olives.
- You can also include egg yolk and shrimps to your food for vitamin E.
How to use Vitamin E
There is a few variant of vitamin E available in the market from 200IU – 600 IU. The daily dose for skin and hair vary from 200-400 IU.
- Mix a few drops into your moisturiser to brighten your face. It also makes skin baby soft.
- Vitamin E application improves skin texture by promoting cell regeneration.
- Mix 1-2 capsules into your lotion for healthy glowing skin. You can see the visible result in a few days. Every time snip a new capsule into the required amount of lotion.
- Apply it directly on the dry area for intense healing.
- Acne-Prone skin should not apply vitamin E oil directly on their face. Eating is a good option.
- For deep conditioning, snip 5-20 capsules of vitamin E depending on the length of your hair into a small bowl and apply it on your scalp before shampoo. Pay great attention to your dry areas. You can warm the oil for a second for easier application. Keep the bowl away from direct heat while doing so.
- Wash your hair with gentle shampoo and then condition it with vitamin E rich conditioner.
- Add a few capsules into your regular oil to get the daily nourishment.
- It is known to promote hair growth.
Tips to Remember:
- Eating vitamin E is more effective than application.
- A well-balanced diet reflects directly on your skin.
- Vitamin E oil in pure form is sticky. It needs carrier oil like olive oil for better permeability.
- Application of Vitamin E works wonders with vitamin C and other antioxidants for mature skin.
- Eat Healthily.