Skin Type: Sensitive, Acne-prone
Drugstore Brands and sensitive skin goes a long way back. Sensitive skin loves their chemicals and they charge our pocket with the same passion. Sebamed is the one brand that has earned its reputation in drugstore industry. Having a sensitive skin is never easy, especially when another skin condition joins the deal, most likely acne.
What the Product Says:
The dermatologist developed, Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash’s ultra-mild formulation is compatible with the most sensitive of skins. It works to deep-clean pores without causing dryness or irritation as regular soap can. Fortified with a natural moisturising complex of vitamins and soothing allantoin, it rinses away completely for naturally healthier, smoother skin.
Aqua, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-2, Panthenol, Glycol Distearate, Parfum, Saccharide Isomerate, Allantoin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Glycine, Magnesium Aspartate, Alanine, Lysine, Leucine, Biotin, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sorbitan Laurate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, CI 47005, CI 42090
How does it work:
First thing, it smells good. A single drop is enough to cover face and neck. It lathers well even after being a soap free face wash. It does not leave any residue behind only a squeaky clean face. It does maintain the pH of the skin. No overdrying. No irritation. It works well with Over-The-Counter treatment for acne unless you are living in a very harsh cold region. It removes makeup well but it never hurts to clean your makeup with a cleanser first.
Why should you use:
- If you have sensitive skin and your skin doesn’t tolerate the other face washes.
- If you are on any skin treatment that over dries your skin.
- If you have acne-prone skin, it effectively fights acne-causing bacteria.
- If you want a glowing skin, it improves skin texture with time.
- If you’re intolerant to heavy smells.
- If you love the concept of health pH of 5.5.
- If you hate the feeling of soap residue on your skin left after washing.
- A little on the pricier side for some.
- Availability can be an issue. You can get it online easily.