After water green tea is the most consumed drink in the world. That makes it second most consumed drink worldwide. Green tea is made from Camellia sinensis leaves that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation process used to make other popular teas like oolong and black tea. That makes it the healthiest tea among all the teas.
Why Should You Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
Simple, scientific studies show that who drinks green tea lose weight faster than who does not. Because Green tea contains the antioxidants EGCG polyphenol. These specific antioxidants help to increase the metabolism. This is what makes green tea slimming as it decreases the appetite with a higher metabolism. It also contains a very small amount of caffeine, which is a natural appetite suppressant.
What Green Tea Should You Drink?
Green tea ice creams, smoothies and even flavoured green teas advertised as slimming products are just marketing strategy to sell their products. Only if weight losing was that delicious. But it is not.
What really matters is the type of green tea you use. Green tea is available loose, packed, in a sachet, flavoured and fermented. But, it is the actual green tea that you need – leaves or ground. Finely ground green tea in powder form is known as Matcha.
When To Drink Green Tea?
Japanese drink 4-5 cups of green tea a day to stay fit and beat the day long fatigue. Green tea works differently when taken at different times like before-meal and after-meal.
Take it after having breakfast, lunch or dinner for weight loss. Green tea increases the metabolism thus helps in digesting food faster. That is the reason you feel hungry after having green tea. And it works best when your meal is free from fat.
How To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
To make green you need Green tea and hot water. Do not add sugar, honey or any sweetener for that matters. Opt for sachet if you are in office.
- After Breakfast: Boil a cup of water and slowly pour over a tablespoon of green tea leaves for a few seconds. Sip it slowly.If you are using sachet then let the sachet sit in hot water not more than 30 seconds.The idea is that it should not be strong enough to make you hungry.
- After Lunch: In the office, use sachet and if at home do the same as above. Make it a little stronger by setting it for 40-60 seconds if you had heavy lunch. Keep it light for light lunch.
- After Dinner: In fact, it is before going to bed. Make it strong. Boil a cup of water and set it aside. Now, add a tablespoon of green leaves to the water. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.When you are about to go to sleep stain the tea, warm it up again and drink. Go to sleep and let the green tea work.
Rules For Green Tea:
- Do not eat any thing after the green tea.
- If it makes you really hungry then make it lighter the next time.
- In the beginning, it will make you hungry and gradually suppress your craving to eat.
- Green tea is not the substitute for exercise. It just is a helping factor for obese people.
- Results are slow. To loosen fat fast, follow the proper diet plan and do fat burning exercises.