Retino AC Gel is a combination medicine used for the treatment of acne vulgaris. Tretinoin in Retino AC increasing the turnover of follicular epithelial cells. Clindamycin works by stopping the growth of the bacteria and reducing the pustule and papule counts in acne.
Retino Ac Gel is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Tretinoin Topical – 0.025%
- Clindamycin Topical – 1%
Retino AC gel is a prescribed only medication and should be consulted with a dermatologist before using. Inform your doctor of any adverse side effect.
- Patients with eczema should not use
- Do not use on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sunburned skin.
- Apply on clean and dry and wash your hands before and after applying Retino Ac Gel.
- Do not apply more than prescribed. An excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thin layer to avoid pilling.
- Avoid the use of other exfoliating skin care products while using Retino AC.
- Retino AC is not recommended for use in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- This gel is not recommended for children less than 12 years of age and greater than 65 years of age.
- Do not use around the eyes and lips.
- Take precautionary step during the daytime.
How to Use
Use as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product leaflet. Application and strength
- First, wash your face with the gentle face cleanser or face wash.
- Prepare your skin with a hydrating toner to save your skin from drying, one of the side effects of using
- Now, take less than pea size amount of gel in your palm and mix it with your moisturizer. Moisturizer helps with the even application. Retino AC gel is an average 98% alcohol. It dries quickly and spread unevenly when applied alone.
- To add more hydration, apply a sleeping mask over the moisturiser. Skin repairs better in a moist environment. This will prevent your skin from drying.
- Do not use any other exfoliating cream or gel while using this medicine.
- Do not use it as a spot treatment. It is powerful, can burn your skin. Always mix it with a moisturiser before application.
- Peeling does not mean the gel is working. Peeling is just the side effect. Retino AC has the same efficacy without the peeling action.
- Retino AC makes skin sensitive to the sun. Apply a good Sunscreen SPF30 or more in the morning to avoid hyperpigmentation and skin darkening.
Interaction with Medicine
- Salicylic Acid: Retino AC used with salicylic acid can exaggerate the dryness that leads to peeling of the skin. They both should be used at the different time or alternate days.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Unlike salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide has the opposite effect. The two ingredients have been shown to deactivate each other.
- Vitamin C: Retino AC works wonder with vitamin C serum. Make sure your skin is not irritated before using the combination together. Wash your face in case of any persisting tingling or burning.
Effect Of Retino-AC Over Time
Take your pictures every week to see how your skin is improving week by week. It is a strong medication and excessive use can cause peeling.
The first Day, skin feels normal if applied as mentioned above.
The second Day, skin feels tight. Existing acne starts healing. Use a good moisturiser to avoid peeling.
The fourth Day, skin starts flaking at places. You will see a lot of improvement in active acne and acne scar.
Don’t use any scrub/brush to get rid of dead skin cells on your face. Instead, use your wet fingers in the circular motion to remove dead skin from your face. Be gentle while doing it.
By the End of Week, you will see a few to no new acne if you have mild to moderate acne problem. Pat moisturiser if the skin is scaly and peeling. By now you know if the amount you are using is correct.
- If you are using in excess, your skin will be irritated and flaky with a burning sensation when you apply anything on your face.
- Stop using the cream immediately and apply moisturiser for a few days till the skin is back to normal.
- Start over once healed but with a less amount.
By Second Weekend, If you are developing new acne then do not stop using the gel. It is purging and not the reaction from the gel.
By the Month-end, you may see a lot of improvement in your scar appearances and existing acne. If you don’t see any improvement, then consult your dermatologist again.
By Second Month-end, Acne scar is less visible with a few to no new acne. Being a
Side effects Of Retino AC
- The patchy appearance of skin
- Peeling/ Scaly skin
- Skin irritation/ Red spots on the skin
- Photosensitivity of skin
- Skin Darkening
- Irritated eyes
Tips to remember:
- Remember less is more. Using it every day is more effective than using it on alternate days.
Use lessto avoid irritation.
- Keep your skin hydrated at all the times. Apply hydrating creams over moisturizers.
- Stop using the gel immediately if your skin burns. Give your skin rest then start over once better.
- Do not apply near eyes, nostrils and lip area.