Little to no time for the gym? Not to worry we have got you all covered with these amazing indoor workout that can inspire you to workout at your own convenience at home.
Planks may look simple and even lazy but don’t get fooled by the look of it. It is one of the best exercises for core conditioning because it engages multiple muscle groups simultaneously. It demands strength. And If you don’t have time but still wants to burn fat and tone your muscles, this exercise is for you.
A 5 minutes plank – full plank, side plank, raised leg plank and elbow plank can help you improve your balance, posture and overall fitness.
Adding to the benefits it increases flexibility in your posterior muscles, decreases back pain and uplifts your spirit. Start with a 20-second plank for one position and increase your time as you go. A person who weighs 70 KGs can burn as much as 230 calories in an hour of performing planks. But be very careful while doing planks if you have back pain or injury.
2. Jumping Jack
Jumping Jack is a traditional exercise that goes a long way back. You might remember it as a warm-up exercise from your school days. It is a quick cardio exercise that helps burn fat fast is the classy way to define this workout. You can burn additional 60 calories a day by doing it 3 times daily, 100 jumping jack in 1 set.Adding to more health benefits, It keeps your heart healthy and strengthens the cardiovascular system. A daily regime of jumping jack reduces the risk of high blood pressure and type II diabetes. It also increases bone mass and reduces the risk of osteoporosis. A condition in which bone mass reduces and make them susceptible to fracture. It occurs more rapidly after the age of 35 and in women after menopause.
If you are looking for a fast resulting workout then look no further. Squatting is one powerful way to boost your overall fitness. Contrary to other intense workouts, it requires no equipment.There are many impressive reasons that will tempt you to start squatting today –
- Helps in gaining muscles and burning fat. For every pound of muscles you gain, your body burns 35-50 calories per day.
- Squats not only increase muscle mass it helps to prevent obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- It improves blood circulation and in doing so remove cellulite in the legs.
- Squats are one of the best exercises to strengthen the core muscles, add flexibility and a better posture.
- It increases testosterone production which naturally results in a better libido.
- Helps in detoxifying the body by removing waste from the body.
Crunches strengthen the abdominal muscles. This exercise directly targets the two parallel muscles that run down the abdomen. Crunches tones the core muscle which helps in maintaining a good posture. And in doing so prevent muscle injury and back pain.
For a 72kg person, 10 minutes of crunches burn up to 98 calories depending on the workout. This workout contains 4 variations –
- Reverse crunch is done with upper back on the floor.
- Twisting crunch involves shoulder lifting one at a time.
- Thai Crunch is a fighter technique that includes hits and punches to the stomach to condition the core.
- Cable crunch is performed while kneeling upright by curling the body to pull down on a cable.
People with the back problem should consult a doctor before starting this exercise.
5. Push Ups
It is another full body workout that targets many areas – arms, abs, abdomen and lower body. Push-ups make your muscles stronger by forcing them to work in harmony. It makes them stronger. A daily dose of push-ups keeps your nerves stimulated and active. Thus increasing the response time to any action which aids your speed and balance.
Adding to these benefits, push-ups help in building muscle density that depends on the intensity of your workout. According to an article on the website Fitness Black & White, the ideal number of push-ups to build muscle mass in different parts of your body is –
- Chest, Shoulders and Triceps – 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Back and Biceps – 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Legs and Abs – 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Push-Ups is one of the best exercises to sculpt your upper body and abdominal section. And by abdominal section, we mean washboard abs and a stronger core.