Across the globe, nearly 1 in 10 people suffer from aching lower back. In addition to that, according to a study, Lower back pain causes more disability than 300 other health conditions. Most people are unaware of the reason of their aching backs. Many people suffer from back pain for years.
Sometimes a simplest of task become painful because of back pain. Over the counter medicines gives a temporary relief and comes with side effects.
So, here are some home remedies for back pain that will relieve your pain naturally.
You may need only two ingredients for this tried and tested remedy for back pain( lower or upper), neck pain, cervical pain and joint pain.
5-10 Garlic cloves
30-60 ml Mustard Oil/ Sesame Oil/ Coconut Oil
To prepare it, Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half or quarter. If you are taking 5 cloves then take 30ml oil and if you are taking 10 cloves then take 60 ml oil.
Now take a pan and heat the oil with cloves. Keep the flame low. You don’t want to burn the cloves. Take the pan off when cloves are brown. You can remove the cloves. let it cool down and fill the oil into a glass bottle.
This will last you a few days depending on the use. The less oil you take the more concentrated it will become.
How to use it :
Apply the oil on the affected area. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties which help in decreasing swelling and inflammation. Garlic is also rich in sulphur that helps in reducing muscle and joint pain by producing an anti-inflammatory analgesic effect on the affected area. After an hour or so, wipe the affected area with a warm wet towel.
You can use it twice a day. It is going to smell strong and oil can stain your clothes so don’t forget to put an old t-shirt.
Ginger reduces the lower back pain caused by inflammation as effectively as ibuprofen, study says. For this you may need:
– Ginger oil
– Fresh Ginger Root
Rub ginger oil on the affected area for relief in pain. If direct oil is too much to for you then mix it with olive oil/ sesame oil/ coconut oil/ mustard oil.
The second method is to put freshly peeled and minced ginger root into a warm muslin cloth and press on the affected area.
And the third method with ginger is to have a ginger tea twice a day. It even helps arthritis patient in their back pain. Boil ginger root into a cup of water and let it cool down. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the taste of ginger. Drink it twice a day.
3. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves have anti-inflammatory properties and drinking basil leaves tea will help in reducing pain caused by inflammation.
To prepare this, you may need:
10 Basil leaves
A cup of water
Boil a cup of water with basil leaves till it reduces to half. Now, add a pinch of salt for taste.
You can drink it twice a day.
Tips to Remember:
- Back Pain could be the result of poor posture. So keep in mind to maintain a good posture for sitting, sleeping, and exercising.
- No physical exercise or activity leads to back pains. So, exercise to keep your muscles working, after all, the body is also a machine.
- Yoga has some good exercises for back pain, even physiotherapist goes with the same exercises.
- Don’t use a pillow while sleeping if you have cervical pain/ Neck pain.
- Use a pillow under your knees if you have back pain and unable to sleep.
- In some cases, it could be the sign of some serious underlying medical reasons like a kidney stone, kidney infection, blood clot and disease of internal organs. So, don’t neglect it. Consult a doctor.