You love to dazzle in your stunning piece of jewelry. But over time, jewellery start losing their sparkle and colour. And your run to the jewellery shop becomes a burning hole in some’s pocket. So, how can you keep your jewellery from losing sparkle? Here we have lined some jewellery cleaner that can save you some time and a lot of money for each jewellery.
Use ordinary white toothpaste (we used Colgate) to clean your precious gold, silver and zircon jewellery. It takes hardly 2 minutes for gold and zircon ornaments and takes 5-15 minutes for silver depends on the tarnish on jewellery.
- For Gold and Zircon, take a pea size amount on your finger tip and rub gently on gold and zircon in a circular motion, in order not to scratch it. Now, brush it with a very soft brush or toothbrush. Then, rinse and let it dry.
- For silver, make a solution of water and white toothpaste. Let your silver jewellery soak into this solution for 10 minutes. Now, use a gentle brush to remove tarnish from silver. Rinse and let dry. You’ll see a clean silver once it’s dry.
2. Baking Soda
For cleaning your engagement ring, mix one part of baking soda and one part of water. Let your jewellery sit in the solution for 1 minute or two. Now take a soft brush to gently scrub the ring. Careful not to scratch the stone or metal of your ring.
3. Liquid detergent
For this, you need:
- Liquid dish detergent
- Aluminium foil
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- A bowl
Line aluminium foil into the bowl. Aluminium foil exchange ion with salt and baking soda and that make it a good natural jewellery cleaner. Add salt, baking soda and liquid dish detergent into the bowl. Pour hot water over it and watch water sizzle. Let your jewellery soak into it for 10 minutes. Then, rinse and let dry.
4. White Vinegar and Baking Soda
To make the solution, Take 1/2 cup white vinegar and mix it with 2 tbsp of baking soda. It is used to remove heavy tarnish from silver jewellery. To do so, soak your jewellery into this gentle solution for 2-3 hours. Then, rinse and let dry.
5. Carbonated Drink
Like coca cola is ideal for cleaning plain gold and silver jewellery with no stone work. let your ornament soak into coca cola for a few minutes. It’ll remove tarnish from jewellery and bring them to sparkle again.
Tips to remember:
- Wear gloves while washing dishes. It’ll save them from scratches.
- Always use a soft brush/ lint free cloth to clean jewellery.
- Keep them away from chemical/harsh solution.
- Don’t let jewellery sit into any solution for a long time.